From UO Second Age
- The act of hiding will make you invisible to other players.
- Shoving through someone who is hidden will give a message 'You shove something invisible aside'.
- If you speak while you are hidden you reveal yourself.
- Players who take items from their own corpse while hiding will not be revealed. Looting other corpses, including monsters and NPC's, while hidden will reveal the hider though.
- Hiding is not possible when the hider is within a certain distance of any creature who is attacking them, however if the attacker stops attacking then hiding is possible. This is how teleport hiding operates (see below).
- Hiding is not possible when casting a spell.
- Better hiders only have to run a small distance before they are able to hide again after breaking off combat.
- The following skills will not unhide you when they are used: Alchemy, Anatomy, Animal Lore, Arms Lore, Detecting Hidden, Evaluate Intelligence, Forensic Evaluation, Item Identification, Lockpicking, Mining, Poisoning, Snooping, Stealth.
- You must have at least 80 hiding and be hidden before you can use Stealth.
- A hider can cast teleport and hide instantly in the middle of a battle field, this is because in T2A era Ultima Online teleporting would stop an attacker from attacking until they reattacked.
- Unlike the invisibility spell, hiding, if successful, will last indefinitely until you are revealed (by a reveal spell, or the detect hidden skill) or you take an action (see above) which unhides you.
You can macro hiding from 0-100 with the same method, set up a Razor macro as followed:
- Use Skill: Hiding
- Pause: 10000 (10.00 seconds)
As Hiding will always work inside a house you own, you can not gain in skill by using it in said house.