From UO Second Age
A melee combat Weapon Skill that wields blunt bashing weapons.
- Pros: Maces do an extra damage of 3 to 5 points to the victims stamina if a hit is made. Maces also do damage to armor every time the armor absorbs damage. The amount of damage done to armor is half that of the damage points absorbed by the armor and typically lies in the 1 - 7 points range.
- Cons: Maces cannot be poisoned however Swordsmanship and Fencing weapons can be poisoned.
The most popular mace weapons are:
- Q-staff; is the fastest mace weapon and has the highest dot (damage over time).
- War Axe; a little slower and weaker than the Q-staff but can be used with a shield.
- War Hammer; a bit slow, however is the hardest hitting mace weapon.